POLICY FOR DATA PROTECTION
New Acropolis Cultural Organization and New Acropolis Cultural Association (hereinafter individually referred to as “the Organization” and collectively as “the Organizations”) value all personal information provided by you. This document sets out the Organizations’ policy in relation to the receipt of personal information and accordingly applies to all personal information collected from (i) members, associates, volunteers, consultants, office personnel, employees, and other persons working at or for either of the Organization; (ii) enrolled as members to either of the Organization; (iii) users of the website www.acropolis.org, owned and managed by the Organizations; or (iv) any persons attending any events or functions of either of the Organizations and providing any information during such event or function. The term ‘you’ used in this policy refers to all such persons from whom information is collected.
The Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011 (hereinafter referred to as “Rules”) protect the privacy of an individual by controlling the manner in which personal information may be collected, held, processed, stored and used. Accordingly, any personal information collected and recorded by the Organizations in relation to you, will be subject to regulation by the Rules.
Meaning of personal information:
Personal information shall mean any information that relates to a natural person, which either directly or indirectly in combination with other information available or likely to be available with the Organizations, is capable of identifying such person.
Type of personal information collected:
The Organizations may collect such personal information from you as may be required for the lawful purposes specified below, including but not limited to the following:
- Contact details (including email address and phone number)
- Address and Identity proofs (e.g. driving license, passport, PAN card, birth certificate, etc.)
- Medical history and reports
- Correspondences exchanged with you
- Physical, physiological and mental health condition
In addition to the above, we may collect information through our website by using cookies, clicktrails, data collection tags and directives (“Non-Personal Information”).
Purposes for collection and usage of information
The Organizations will use personal information that is collected for various lawful purposes including but not limited to the following purposes.
- Recovering outstanding dues from members as and when necessary;
- Creating a database of members and volunteers of the Organizations or database of the persons attending events and functions of the Organizations;
- For sending newsletters, circulars, bulletins and emails regarding the Organizations activities.
- Maintaining medical records of members, volunteers, associates, consultants, office personnel and employees for the purpose of understanding their fitness levels during their and employment / association with the Organization;
- Paying fees / salaries to office bearers, directors, employees, associates, consultants, office personnel;
- Ensuring the safety and good health of members, volunteers, associates, employees, consultants and office personnel during their presence in office.
Disclosure of personal information:
Either of the Organizations may transfer and/or exchange your personal information to and/or with all such persons and/or entities as may be required for the aforesaid lawful purposes including but not limited to the following:
- Any member, volunteer or office bearer of either of the Organization and/or its affiliates including from one Organization to the other Organization or any of its individual branch offices or centers, anywhere in India or abroad;
- The International Organization New Acropolis (IONA) registered at the International Registry of Associations, recognised by Royal decree of 12th February 1990 No.3/12-941/s of the Kingdom of Belgium, having its place of business at Pizzaro, 19 bajo dcha, 28004, Madrid, Spain, for the purposes mentioned above, to which the Organizations are affiliated;
- Advocates / Counsels/ accountants and other professionals dealing with the Organizations in the course of the Organizations’ work.
- Any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunication, computer, financial intermediary, payment or other services to the Organizations in connection with the Organizations’ business;
- Any other person to whom either of the Organizations believe it is necessary to share the information with, provided that such person is under a duty of confidentiality to the Organizations with an obligation to keep such information confidential;
- Any person to whom the Organizations are under a legal obligation to make a disclosure under and for the purposes of compliance with guidelines / regulations issued by regulatory or other authorities which the Organizations are bound to comply with;
Each of the Organization will endeavor to ensure that the person / entity receiving any personal information maintains confidentiality and does not disclose such information onwards to any third party.
The Organizations may, however, disclose your private information when required by law to do so pursuant to judicial or other government orders, warrants and/or instructions. The Organizations don’t expect this to happen, but if it does, the Organizations will provide only the information required. However, the Organizations are not responsible for the manner in which such government agencies use such information, including any disclosures/publication of such information by such Government agencies.
All Non Personal Information collected by the Organizations will be anonymised, aggregated and used to develop and track traffic patterns and the volume of use of our website. Sometimes Non Personal Information is used to assist you in assessing the appropriate information to tailor your visit to and individual preferences. For example, a cookie can be used to remember your login information if you choose the “Remember me” option while signing in.
Option to withhold / withdraw:
Before collecting your personal information (including sensitive personal data) the Organization will give you an option to withhold the information sought. Further, if you have previously consented to the collection of information and wish to withdraw such consent at a later stage, you may do so by communicating your withdrawal of consent to the relevant Organization in writing. However, such withholding of information or withdrawal of consent may result in the relevant Organization being unable to provide you with proper services and/or facilities including disqualifying you as a member or terminating the relationship with you or disallow you from attending any events and functions.
Accuracy / authenticity of and access to personal information:
The Organizations will not be responsible for the accuracy or authenticity of the personal information (including sensitive personal data) collected from you. It is your responsibility to notify the relevant Organization of any changes to any personal information (including sensitive personal data) collected by that Organization. To this end, you may request the relevant Organization for reasonable access to and/or correction of your personal information (including sensitive personal data). If you wish to exercise this right, please write to Head, Administration Department at firstname.lastname@example.org for New Acropolis Cultural Organization (Center – Mumbai) and email@example.com for New Acropolis Cultural Association (Center – Bangalore).
The uploading, dealing, handling and/or using of any personal information for any lawful purpose by the Organizations, including for the purposes and in the manner outlined above shall not constitute ‘publication’ as contemplated under the provisions of the Rules and no objection shall be raised by you in this regard.
Retention of personal information:
We will retain your information in our databases in accordance with applicable laws. The Organizations may retain the information for such period as may be required for the purposes for which it is lawfully being used or is otherwise required under any other law for the time being in force.
Reasonable security practices & procedures:
The Organizations will strive to be in compliance with International Standard IS/ISO/IEC 27001 on ‘Information Technology – Security Techniques – Information Security Management System – Requirements’.
The Organizations have appointed the persons mentioned below, as their respective Grievance Officers to address and redress any discrepancies and/or grievances you may have arising out of or in connection with this policy. The relevant Organization will endeavour to resolve any grievances within one month from the date of receipt of grievance. The contact details of the Grievance officers for each of the respective Organizations is as follows:
For New Acropolis Cultural Organization
Name: Dipti Sanzgiri
For New Acropolis Cultural Association
Name: Suchita Tirkey
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org